Search Control and the Arizona Small Business Association held a marketing workshop on July 30th, 2012 to help small business owners increase profits.
Early last week marked the day of a successful marketing workshop put on by the Arizona Small Business Association partnered with Search Control encouraging small business owners to manage and grow their own online presence.
During the event, board members of the Scottsdale marketing agency, Anthony Harding, Adam Pollicino, and Chad Chiniquy along with Carl Smith spoke to a room of 100 people about how Google + is changing the way businesses manage an online presence. Creating a business profile on Google + Local puts your business on Google Maps, allowing your customers to find you. Due to recent developments, Google + Local (previously Google Places) along with YouTube is now part of Google +. This change has caused Google + to be the fasted growing social network in the past 60 days as business owners are prompted to create a personal Google + account to manage Google + Local page for the business.
In addition to the changes in the Google algorithm, Search Control executives advised that a Pay Per Click (PPC) Ad Structure can help every business to maximize business profits when done correctly. Moving forward, a strong content strategy using a business website, press releases, blog, and other social media will be very effective because Google is placing more relevance on helpful and pertinent content.
The event was held at the Arizona Small Business Association Business Education Center in Phoenix. A room of business owners from 60 Arizona businesses participated in an open Q&A session with the Search Control executives, followed by a description of ten free things to do to maximize web presence.
About Search Control
Search Control is a local Arizona marketing agency which provides business services including Scottsdale web design, web development, social media management, content writing, blogging, public relations and promotion. Search Control was founded in 2009 and is lead by a diverse team from all corners of the tech industry. To learn more, please visit www.searchcontrol.com
Search Control on Twitter
- Google Analytics Lets Analytics Premium Users Join Big Data in Google Cloud May 21, 2013At Google I/O, Google Analytics introduced a new feature that's quite a big deal to Premium Analytics users. Google is now giving Analytics Premium users the ability to use Google BigQuery to crunch their analytics data and other offline data sets. […]Thom Craver
- With Rich Pins, Pinterest Begins Working Better With Brands May 21, 2013Pinterest has detailed several types of pins that have added information on them, including product pins, recipe pins, and movie pins. But this move is really seen as Pinterest working better with brands who get their products pinned frequently. […]Jennifer Slegg
- Google's Search Market Share Drops as Bing Passes 17% May 21, 2013Google's search market share dropped slightly once again (from March’s 67.1 percent to 66.5 percent), with Bing and Yahoo slightly edging up. Microsoft's Bing saw the biggest increase with a total search market share of 17.3 percent. […]Jennifer Slegg
- Designing a Content Strategy to Destroy Your SEO Nemesis May 21, 2013Want to build market share at the expense of your SEO enemy? Use this template to compare and contrast your content strategy and SEO performance with that of your dreaded SEO foe and come up with a way to vanquish them once and for all! […]Richard Kirk
- Google+ in the SERPs Increasing; Authorship Adoption High [Data] May 21, 2013A new analysis suggests establishing Google authorship has moved past the early adopter stage and those marketers who have not yet established authorship and who are not regularly sharing content on Google+ would be wise to do so. […]Nathan Safran
- Google Analytics Language Report: What You Can Learn About Your Visitors May 21, 2013The Google Analytics Language report is great for understanding your users and how activity might be different for various languages. Learn about how this data is collected and find out how you can use this data to your advantage. […]Anna Lewis
- As Digital Ad Effectiveness Measurement Improves, Are Branding Ad Dollars Ready to Follow? May 21, 2013Digital ad campaigns drive both brand and sales lift. The methods of evaluating the delivery and performance of campaigns are rapidly improving as we consider three aspects of measurement: ad viewability, branding lift, and sales lift. […]Eli Goodman
- Google, NASA Join Forces to Research Machine Learning May 21, 2013Google and NASA joined forces to establish the Quantum Artificial Intelligence Lab that to research artificial intelligence using quantum computers. The lab will use a D-Wave 2 computer that is priced at around $15 million. […]Lawrence Latif
- YouTube Celebrates 8th Birthday With 100 Hours of Video Every Minute May 20, 2013YouTube has been serving its clips of animals, planking, people falling over and monkeys in sheepskin coats for eight years. The video streaming website launched eight years ago with a single video. Now, 100 hours of video are uploaded per minute. […]Dave Neal
- 'Relevant and Personalized Tweets' Now a Part of Yahoo Newsfeed May 20, 2013Yahoo announced last week a partnership with Twitter to integrate tweets directly into its newsfeed. Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer says it will "seamlessly include relevant and personalized Tweets alongside stories from Yahoo and our other sources." […]Jessica Lee
- Google Analytics Lets Analytics Premium Users Join Big Data in Google Cloud May 21, 2013