by Barry Schwartz
Have you recently gotten a warning from Google about having “artificial” or “unnatural” links pointing at your site? Google says this isn’t a fresh crackdown on link networks but rather a change from bad links being “silently distrusted” to being more vocal about this type of penalty.
Many people have reported getting messages from Google regarding link violations. If you scan the Google Webmaster Help forums, for instance, you will see many examples of these being posted.
Search Control on Twitter
- Do It For the Vine! Growing Your Business Through Quick Video Sharing April 3, 2014In early 2013 Twitter launched Vine, a short-video sharing platform that allows users to create 6 second videos and share them on their Facebook and Twitter. With more than 40 million users, Vine has no doubt started to become a media powerhouse with more than 40 million users in just one year.With it’s simple design and easy functionality, it’s become a gre […]Kelsey Avers
- Don’t Forget To Blog! Why Blog Writing Is Important For Your Business March 6, 2014Despite the size of your business, blogging is pertinent to your marketing strategy. You could be a small business or multinational company, but either way you want to drive traffic to your website and create more networking outlets through your social media channels. Blogging can help improve your business in many ways.Keeps Your Customers Updated One of th […]Kelsey Avers
- Integrating Social Media and Customer Service February 28, 2014You talk about everything else on social media, so why not bring customer interaction into it as well? Customers will access your social media platforms regularly to engage with your brand, and will often expect quick response. Here are some tips for integrating customer service into your social media marketing strategies.Be Personable Talk like a human. Peo […]Kelsey Avers
- How to Effectively Use #Hashtags February 20, 2014A hashtag is a word or phrase without spaces preceded by a # sign that is used to tie social media posts or other content together and relate them to a specific and relevant topic. The hashtag sometimes functions like a tag, helping you remain visible on websites loaded with content, drawing people’s attention to the content you want them to see (i.e. #Sochi […]Kelsey Avers
- When Is The Best Time To Post On Social Media? January 30, 2014Mastering the art of social media is no simple task. There are many elements to consider when using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more. One of the most important elements to consider and pay attention to is time, and when you’re posting to these platforms. You want to post on your social networks during times when they are […]Kelsey Avers
- Help Your Business Make The Most Of Google+ January 22, 2014Some may think at first that Google+ takes a backseat to other social media networks like Facebook and Twitter, but there are many hidden opportunities for businesses to effectively utilize Google+ to achieve success. It’s all about knowing how to use the platform to it’s maximum abilities in order to connect with your audience and get word of your brand out […]Kelsey Avers
- Predicted Social Media Trends for 2014 January 17, 2014These days it seems like a new app, online trend or social network is making it’s way into cyberspace every minute. With so many trends to explore and test out, it’s hard to decide which ones you should bother dedicating time to. These different platforms have their similarities and their differences, and some will be better than others. To help you, here ar […]Kelsey Avers
- Why Is Online Reputation Management Important? January 8, 2014At Search Control, we make sure you and your business look great online by managing and monitoring how you rank in online search results. It is important for every business to have positive results in all of the top listings including Google, Yahoo and Bing. Online reputation management should be the top priority of your marketing strategy. Having a positive […]Kelsey Avers
- Improve Your Social Media Strategy for 2014 January 2, 2014New year, new beginnings! With the start of 2014 comes the opportunity to freshen up your social media strategy. Here are some ways that you can flourish your social media and overall online presence.Engage More With Your AudienceSocial media is all about engaging with others. This year, work hard on engaging more and starting conversations with your audienc […]Kelsey Avers
- Who is On Top In The World Of Social Media? December 31, 2013Among the top five networks (as charted by Pew), there is a lot more wiggle room for who comes in second after Facebook. LinkedIn – site that bills itself as the “professional” social network focused on networking, job hunting and professional information and news – is hanging on at number-two, with 22% of U.S. adults using it – up 2% on last year. Close beh […]Search Control
- Do It For the Vine! Growing Your Business Through Quick Video Sharing April 3, 2014