by Barry Schwartz
Have you recently gotten a warning from Google about having “artificial” or “unnatural” links pointing at your site? Google says this isn’t a fresh crackdown on link networks but rather a change from bad links being “silently distrusted” to being more vocal about this type of penalty.
Many people have reported getting messages from Google regarding link violations. If you scan the Google Webmaster Help forums, for instance, you will see many examples of these being posted.
Search Control on Twitter
- 5 Ways to Optimize Your Google+ Profile December 5, 2013You can rank #1 in Google for your name or business easily with an optimized Google+ profile. Optimizing your Google+ profile will not only help you increase your search results but will also help you look great online. It’s no secret that when engineers built Google+, they constructed an SEO juggernaut to dominate search results above all other social platf […]Editor
- The Search Control App of the Week Goes to: Helpouts by Google November 15, 2013The new Android App, Google Helpouts lets people like you find answers to the questions that the search engine alone can’t answer – but a real person can. Do you need some fashion advice? Spanish tutoring? How about some tips for novice photography? Google Helpouts allows you to book an appointment with experts in many different fields through live video cha […]Editor
- How to Optimize Your Google Places Listing November 11, 2013Follow these steps to create a highly optimized Google Places listing. This may seem technical to many of you, that’s because it is. By following the step below, the process is much simpler:Take 8 photos of your business or find them online and save them on your computer.Make a video with your photos at Animoto.com and upload to YouTube.Pick 5 services that […]Editor
- The Search Control App of the Week Goes To: CardMunch! November 8, 2013CardMunch is a popular tool for business professionals to be able to store and organize business cards while connecting with people that they meet in the real world via LinkedIn. By snapping an image of a business card, you can add it to your CardMunch database where the card is manually transcribed by real people and the contact information is added to your […]Editor
- 6 Key Principles For Public Relations Today October 29, 2013Search Control works with small businesses to help them with their online presence, which includes helping with public relations. Public Relations are changing with the heightened attention for companies to create online marketing campaigns. Major magazines and newspapers are starting to only share news online, because so many people are searching the Inter […]Editor
- Saving the Rainforest One Meter At a Time with Cuipo October 28, 2013Why is the rainforest important? “Everything in our planet is interrelated. Why do you want to have two lungs and not just part of one? I mean the rainforests are basically the planet’s lungs. If we didn’t have the rainforest, it’d be pretty hard to breathe.” – Tom Murray, President of Cuipo.Cuipo was created by Tom Murray, President and Gus Hurst, CEO, who […]Editor
- The Search Control App of the Week: Bitstrips. Go Cartoon Yourself! October 25, 2013The iPhone and Android app, Bitstrips, is giving Facebookers a new way to interact with friends and post unique status updates using the cartoon versions of themselves and others. This app isn’t a game or type of competition at all, just a way to share some laughs and tell a story to your Facebook friends.Imagine scrolling through your Newsfeed to find that […]Editor
- Our Search Control App of the Week Goes to…Nike+ Running!! October 18, 2013Do you want the convenience of tracking your runs, getting the motivation to power through your run, track progress and calories burned all in one easy place? The Nike+ Running app combines all of those features and more. With this app you can keep up with your friends, track distance, time and calories, get audio feedback while you run and track your routes […]Search Control
- How To Gain More Likes On Facebook October 17, 2013At Search Control, we spend a lot of time helping small businesses run their social media pages to help increase awareness about their products or services. Facebook is a social network that we always create business profiles on for our clients. The impact Facebook has for businesses these days is influential, but using this website is more complex then just […]Editor
- Our Search Control App of the Week Goes to…Venmo!! October 11, 2013When it comes to splitting the check for different bills it can get to be a complicated mess. You no longer have to deal with different banks and transfer fees, Venmo is the easiest way to send and receive money. Whether you want to split the bill for rent, utilities, dinner, drinks, entertainment and anything else it’s easy to do with this app. You can easi […]Search Control
- 5 Ways to Optimize Your Google+ Profile December 5, 2013