The Search Marketing Expo Conference Series (or SMX) took place recently. As always there is pertinent information that comes out of these conferences. Today’s article is a summary of the highlights of the new ideas and features that were discussed. Much of the featured news centers around PPC (pay-per-click) advertising and upcoming changes to take advantage of with this advertising model.
by Matt Van Wagner
Winters get long here in New England and so we often find ourselves travelling here and there to break up the long, dark winter and get some time outdoors before the first crocuses pop out of the ground. Some folks prefer to get outside onto the ski slopes while others head south to grab some rays on Caribbean cruise. Me? I prefer search marketing conferences.
Thankfully, SMX West was out in San Jose last week, so I got the best of both worlds. Though SJ is not exactly tropical this time of year, going out doesn’t involve five minutes of layering with hat, gloves and boots.
During the week, I picked up some just-off-the-presses PPC updates as well as a slew of new tools to help optimize and manage PPC accounts, recommended by from PPC colleagues at SMX. Here are just a few I’d like to share today.
Search Control on Twitter
- Does My Business Need a Mobile Website? February 26, 2016The answer is, absolutely. Get a free analysis and discuss our $500 mobile website offer! Call us! (602) 223-1117 If your website looks more like the example on the left, your users are struggling to find the information they want and need. Does your website pass Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test?If you are not sure whether your site […]Search Control
- How Much Should Website Design Cost? February 5, 2016Set up your free analysis and discuss our $500 website offer! Call us! (602) 223-1117 We’ve been in the marketing space for over 6 years & one of the most common questions we get is “how much should website design cost?” It’s a difficult question to answer without some details as every business has unique […]Search Control
- Search Control Visits NAMM 2016 January 26, 2016The NAMM show is an annual gathering in Anaheim, California where all those involved in the music business attend to showcase new products, watch musicians play, talk music advocacy/education, learn from each other in exciting seminars featuring industry leaders and of course, network in order to make it work in the “new music” business. This year […]Editor
- The Glorious Netflix “Cheat Codes” January 12, 2016How often do you find yourself spending more time searching for content on Netflix than actually watching it? Netflix may be decent at predicting what you may want to watch, but when it comes to searching for a specific category or genre of content, it can prove to be troublesome. Well did you know that […]Search Control
- Facebook Pages Can Tell You How Quickly Their Owners Respond December 8, 2015Facebook is rolling out a number of new features for Pages designed to make it easier for businesses to communicate with customers. The biggest change, or at least the one consumers will see, is an expansion on an existing feature, where businesses add a badges to their Pages declaring that they’re “very responsive to messages” […]Search Control
- Ready To Dominate the 4th Quarter? October 20, 2015Search Control would like to help you hit your goal and we are offering several unique marketing packages and free services to help build your brand and get customers in the door.Search Control
- Apple iOS9 – Changes You Should Know About September 16, 2015While iOS 9 may not differ much visually from iOS 8 or even iOS 7, the new mobile operating system has plenty of tweaks and improvements built in to make it stabler than ever. In addition to Apple’s new San Francisco font, iOS 9 boasts a new app switcher for multitasking and a smarter, more dynamic […]Search Control
- Why Google Became Alphabet, Explained In 120 Seconds August 17, 2015What are the pros and cons of Google reorganizing itself as Alphabet? Well, Larry gets to play with the future, Google can focus on more ambitious projects, and it could help the company retain top talent. But will the independent Alphabet company CEOs get frustrated relying on Larry for resources? Here’s everything you need to […]Search Control
- 5 Secrets of Generating Huge Returns from Social Media June 24, 2015Do you want to generate inbound leads for your business? Are you unsure about where and how to focus your efforts to meet your lead generation goals?If you’re looking to generate sales lead successfully, you need to go where the people are. And currently, everybody seems to be on social media. At first glance, social media […]Editor
- 5 Tips for More Effective Email Marketing June 16, 2015Email marketing is the most effective way to stay in touch with customers and create new ones. Because 91% of consumers check their email daily, that is indicative of a clear audience. Not only can you ensure that the content reaches your consumers, it is proven to drive sales. 66% of consumers have made a […]Editor
- Does My Business Need a Mobile Website? February 26, 2016