The Search Marketing Expo Conference Series (or SMX) took place recently. As always there is pertinent information that comes out of these conferences. Today’s article is a summary of the highlights of the new ideas and features that were discussed. Much of the featured news centers around PPC (pay-per-click) advertising and upcoming changes to take advantage of with this advertising model.
by Matt Van Wagner
Winters get long here in New England and so we often find ourselves travelling here and there to break up the long, dark winter and get some time outdoors before the first crocuses pop out of the ground. Some folks prefer to get outside onto the ski slopes while others head south to grab some rays on Caribbean cruise. Me? I prefer search marketing conferences.
Thankfully, SMX West was out in San Jose last week, so I got the best of both worlds. Though SJ is not exactly tropical this time of year, going out doesn’t involve five minutes of layering with hat, gloves and boots.
During the week, I picked up some just-off-the-presses PPC updates as well as a slew of new tools to help optimize and manage PPC accounts, recommended by from PPC colleagues at SMX. Here are just a few I’d like to share today.
Search Control on Twitter
- Are You Ready For Shopping On Twitter? July 1, 2014It looks like shopping within your Twitter Timeline isn’t far off. A new “Buy now” button appeared on multiple tweets Monday, all of which included products that link back to a shopping site called Fancy.It’s possible that the button appeared as an experiment for the service – Twitter is known to experiment often – or it could also be an accidental release. […]Search Control
- Google Domain Registration Service? Watch Out GoDaddy June 25, 2014Look out, GoDaddy. Google is building a domain registration service aimed at helping small businesses develop or imprve their web presence. Google Domains is still in a beta invite-only phase, but once it officially launches, businesses will be able to find and buy the domain they desire including ones with popular suffixes like “.com,” “.org” and new ones t […]Search Control
- One Magical Word to Rule Them All April 30, 2014As many of you have experienced, Facebook’s News Feed is a very mysterious creature. Sometimes your post will show up in the feed and other times it will sit in a barren wasteland of posts in limbo. Facebook uses an algorithm called EdgeRank to manage all of the content coming through their platform and decide what is important to other users. As advanced as […]Alex Boutte
- Which Is More Effective For My Business: Facebook or Twitter? April 24, 2014The Internet is a massive, diverse platform that allows us to get exposure, whether for personal reasons or for business matters. Through social media, we can provide followers and subscribers with instant updates, fresh content, and interactivity. But the question is, which platform is best to use? Among the many different social media platforms available, […]Kelsey Avers
- Do It For the Vine! Growing Your Business Through Quick Video Sharing April 3, 2014In early 2013 Twitter launched Vine, a short-video sharing platform that allows users to create 6 second videos and share them on their Facebook and Twitter. With more than 40 million users, Vine has no doubt started to become a media powerhouse with more than 40 million users in just one year.With it’s simple design and easy functionality, it’s become a gre […]Kelsey Avers
- Don’t Forget To Blog! Why Blog Writing Is Important For Your Business March 6, 2014Despite the size of your business, blogging is pertinent to your marketing strategy. You could be a small business or multinational company, but either way you want to drive traffic to your website and create more networking outlets through your social media channels. Blogging can help improve your business in many ways.Keeps Your Customers Updated One of th […]Kelsey Avers
- Integrating Social Media and Customer Service February 28, 2014You talk about everything else on social media, so why not bring customer interaction into it as well? Customers will access your social media platforms regularly to engage with your brand, and will often expect quick response. Here are some tips for integrating customer service into your social media marketing strategies.Be Personable Talk like a human. Peo […]Kelsey Avers
- How to Effectively Use #Hashtags February 20, 2014A hashtag is a word or phrase without spaces preceded by a # sign that is used to tie social media posts or other content together and relate them to a specific and relevant topic. The hashtag sometimes functions like a tag, helping you remain visible on websites loaded with content, drawing people’s attention to the content you want them to see (i.e. #Sochi […]Kelsey Avers
- When Is The Best Time To Post On Social Media? January 30, 2014Mastering the art of social media is no simple task. There are many elements to consider when using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more. One of the most important elements to consider and pay attention to is time, and when you’re posting to these platforms. You want to post on your social networks during times when they are […]Kelsey Avers
- Help Your Business Make The Most Of Google+ January 22, 2014Some may think at first that Google+ takes a backseat to other social media networks like Facebook and Twitter, but there are many hidden opportunities for businesses to effectively utilize Google+ to achieve success. It’s all about knowing how to use the platform to it’s maximum abilities in order to connect with your audience and get word of your brand out […]Kelsey Avers
- Are You Ready For Shopping On Twitter? July 1, 2014