The Search Marketing Expo Conference Series (or SMX) took place recently. As always there is pertinent information that comes out of these conferences. Today’s article is a summary of the highlights of the new ideas and features that were discussed. Much of the featured news centers around PPC (pay-per-click) advertising and upcoming changes to take advantage of with this advertising model.
by Matt Van Wagner
Winters get long here in New England and so we often find ourselves travelling here and there to break up the long, dark winter and get some time outdoors before the first crocuses pop out of the ground. Some folks prefer to get outside onto the ski slopes while others head south to grab some rays on Caribbean cruise. Me? I prefer search marketing conferences.
Thankfully, SMX West was out in San Jose last week, so I got the best of both worlds. Though SJ is not exactly tropical this time of year, going out doesn’t involve five minutes of layering with hat, gloves and boots.
During the week, I picked up some just-off-the-presses PPC updates as well as a slew of new tools to help optimize and manage PPC accounts, recommended by from PPC colleagues at SMX. Here are just a few I’d like to share today.
Search Control on Twitter
- 3 Tips to Get Google to LOVE Your Brand! May 21, 2015It is becoming more and more apparent how important Google ranking is to generating leads and growing a business. With the Internet, customers have been able to educate themselves on brands and find companies that suit their needs with ease. It is no doubt that Google is the top dog in the world of search […]Search Control
- 5 Tips To More Effectively Market Your Law Firm May 15, 2015There’s no question that law firms know marketing can attract new leads, increase their client base, and establish their reputation as the authority in a specific niche. There are countless things to be done when managing a law office—but the need to get clients is paramount among the to-dos. We have put together 5 clear steps […]Search Control
- How one man’s stolen iPhone made him an internet celebrity in China April 30, 2015This may be the most unusual yet heartwarming story you will ever read.It starts with an American journalist having his phone stolen at a bar in New York, and ends with him becoming a celebrity in China and forming a lifelong “bromance” with the man who had his phone. Matt Stopera noticed something was wrong […]Search Control
- Is Your Website Ready for “Mobilegeddon”? April 20, 2015As of April 21st, Google, the world’s biggest online-search engine, will start implementing another major overhaul of its mobile-search algorithm. This is likely to penalize many websites, which is why some have called the change “mobilegeddon”. The latest change is not meant to discriminate against rivals, but demote sites in Google’s mobile-search results that are not […]Search Control
- Twitter and Foursquare Announce Location Tagging in Tweets March 23, 2015Twitter is bringing the ability to tag specific locations to Tweets via official apps and the web, through a partnership with Foursquare. The company tweeted about the upcoming feature today, showing a video of how it’ll work in iOS. Location based tweets could do a lot to help Twitter extend its monetization and advertising options, […]Search Control
- 5 Weird Writing Productivity Hacks That Work February 28, 2015Do you feel burned out and brain dead after a full day of writing? Heavy writing days can be exhausting. We have found some writing hacks over the years which will help stop the feeling that your brain is going to explode at the end of the day. Take a look at the great info […]Search Control
- Reddit Donating 10% of 2014 Ad Revenue To Charity February 18, 2015At Search Control, we always keep our finger on the pulse of trending topics, news and humor and Reddit is one of the first places we search each morning. About a year ago, news-sharing community Reddit announced plans to take 10 percent of its ad revenue and donate it to charity. Today it’s revealing details […]Search Control
- 5 Ways to Ruin Your Business Credibilty and How To Avoid These Misatakes February 11, 2015Are you guilty of neglecting your website and online presence? According to a web credibility study done by Stanford University, 75% of users admit to making judgments about a company’s credibility based on a website’s design. Moreover, there is mounting evidence that brands with little to no social media marketing are more likely to suffer […]Search Control
- Meet Amazon’s Busiest Employee, The Kiva Robot February 10, 2015Remember last Cyber Monday? Amazon was the center of attention, but not for its sales. It was in the news for its “drones”. Now Amazon is back, but with robots.This year’s news plays perfectly with the growing trend of smarter robots. Amazon’s warehouse robots are almost cute. Named Kiva, they’re like large Roombas, tasked with […]Search Control
- Twitter FINALLY giving SMBs The Ability To Promote Posts February 4, 2015While Twitter expands Promoted Tweets to run on other websites and apps, the social network is also trying to boost usage of them (and revenue from them) on its own platform. Today, it’s announcing a new feature aimed at small and medium businesses it’s referring to as “quick promote”, which will let SMBs select their […]Search Control
- 3 Tips to Get Google to LOVE Your Brand! May 21, 2015