The Search Marketing Expo Conference Series (or SMX) took place recently. As always there is pertinent information that comes out of these conferences. Today’s article is a summary of the highlights of the new ideas and features that were discussed. Much of the featured news centers around PPC (pay-per-click) advertising and upcoming changes to take advantage of with this advertising model.
by Matt Van Wagner
Winters get long here in New England and so we often find ourselves travelling here and there to break up the long, dark winter and get some time outdoors before the first crocuses pop out of the ground. Some folks prefer to get outside onto the ski slopes while others head south to grab some rays on Caribbean cruise. Me? I prefer search marketing conferences.
Thankfully, SMX West was out in San Jose last week, so I got the best of both worlds. Though SJ is not exactly tropical this time of year, going out doesn’t involve five minutes of layering with hat, gloves and boots.
During the week, I picked up some just-off-the-presses PPC updates as well as a slew of new tools to help optimize and manage PPC accounts, recommended by from PPC colleagues at SMX. Here are just a few I’d like to share today.
Search Control on Twitter
- Web Design Services in Scottsdale October 31, 2014Finding a company that can design you a high quality website at an affordable price has become increasingly more difficult. Some companies with promise you the world for $199, only to leave you alone and in the cold with a website that barely functions and no hope for support. Other companies will quote you thousands of dollars, take months to complete and l […]Search Control
- Search Control: Scottsdale Marketing Agency October 27, 2014Search Control works with our customers to control their entire online presence. In today’s market, businesses large and small must have top placement in sites like Google, Yahoo, and Bing and a real presence on social networks like Facebook and Twitter all while maintaining a great reputation online. We can help. We know how tough it can be to manage all of […]Search Control
- How Important Is Digital Marketing? Make a Plan and EXECUTE! October 24, 2014It’s funny how we neglect our own sites even knowing that we need to keep the pipeline growing. We all know how to help our clients. We can instantly see new opportunities and break down exactly how to make the necessary changes. Yet, often times our own marketing goes untouched. There’s nothing in the sales pipeline. Maybe marketing collateral is outdated. […]Search Control
- Ready for more annoying Facebook requests, we would like you to meet ‘Rooms’! October 23, 2014As if you already don’t get enough requests to join Groups, Apps, Messages, Events and every other Facebook community, welcome more requests to join Rooms. Rooms is Facebook’s latest standalone app created by the Facebook Creative Labs team and led by project manager/developer Josh Miller. Room allows users to create invite only, small and topical gatherings […]Search Control
- Even with 175 million monthly listeners, SoundCloud posts 29m loss in 2013 October 14, 2014We often assume that just because companies have a large user base and a household name that they are raking in the dough. In many cases, the exact opposite is true, as is the case with the familiar platform SoundCloud. “According to recent annual filings for 2013, Soundcloud posted turnover of ?11.2 million ($14.1 million) in 2013, up 40% from 2012′s revenu […]Search Control
- Anyone Can Attend This Coding School That Meets in Coffee Shops, check out Hackvard! October 7, 2014With as much development and coding that we do, we are always happy to see any improvements in the way that one can learn programming. We are pleased to see a new platform called Hackvard that allows for local ‘hackers’ to meet at coffee shops to learn from each other. In an effort to end the “just Google in” approach to leaning, Hackard has created a much m […]Search Control
- 10 Tips For Writing High Quality, Engaging Website Copy October 2, 2014You’ve purchased your domain and written up product descriptions, an about page, and, of course, the homepage, but it seems that your website is hardly getting any views. You might even notice that you get a few visitors, but they seem to leave your site quickly without looking around. What’s the big deal? Obviously they can’t smell your breath or something […]Search Control
- StudyRoom Lets College Students Join Online Study Groups, Book Tutors September 10, 2014This is a really great concept utilizing technology to give students a new way to study and get tutored. What makes StudyRoom different from other e-learning platforms designed for the classroom is that it’s 100% student-led. As you may expect, not all professors are thrilled about StudyRoom, which also allows students to access the resources students from p […]Search Control
- We Can’t Believe This is A Real Product: The noPhone August 20, 2014The noPhone is built specifically to alleviate the anxiety that comes along with not having a phone, and/or work as a substitute for a phone during those moments when you should really be more attentive to what’s happening in your real life. The noPhone can come with you on a first date so that you can still maintain eye contact and pay attention without hav […]Search Control
- Are You Ready For Shopping On Twitter? July 1, 2014It looks like shopping within your Twitter Timeline isn’t far off. A new “Buy now” button appeared on multiple tweets Monday, all of which included products that link back to a shopping site called Fancy.It’s possible that the button appeared as an experiment for the service – Twitter is known to experiment often – or it could also be an accidental release. […]Search Control
- Web Design Services in Scottsdale October 31, 2014