Today’s post is a great resource when looking to optimize your Google Places profile. Optimizing your business will give you a leg up in search results when people are looking for general information in Google and will steer more potential clients to see your business name and information. Check out the full article below for all these great pieces of advice and useful nuggets of information to use for your own business.
By Andrew Shotland
Bizible, a start-up that makes local marketing software for SMBs, approached me recently* to preview the results of a Google Places Ranking Factors study they had conducted and I was intrigued enough by their findings to share some of them here.
Bizible’s team is made up of former Bing AdCenter guys and counts a PhD and a stats expert on their staff, so their study is a more scientific attempt to figure out what’s going on with Google Places than your typical “here’s what some SEOs think” kind of thing.
For methodology, they studied 30 potential ranking factors by querying approximately 20 cities across approximately 20 local categories (about 400 search terms), looking 30 results deep in Google Places rankings. They looked at each factor in isolation and then looked at them in combination to see if there were any multiplier effects.
Search Control on Twitter
- StudyRoom Lets College Students Join Online Study Groups, Book Tutors September 10, 2014This is a really great concept utilizing technology to give students a new way to study and get tutored. What makes StudyRoom different from other e-learning platforms designed for the classroom is that it’s 100% student-led. As you may expect, not all professors are thrilled about StudyRoom, which also allows students to access the resources students from p […]Search Control
- We Can’t Believe This is A Real Product: The noPhone August 20, 2014The noPhone is built specifically to alleviate the anxiety that comes along with not having a phone, and/or work as a substitute for a phone during those moments when you should really be more attentive to what’s happening in your real life. The noPhone can come with you on a first date so that you can still maintain eye contact and pay attention without hav […]Search Control
- Are You Ready For Shopping On Twitter? July 1, 2014It looks like shopping within your Twitter Timeline isn’t far off. A new “Buy now” button appeared on multiple tweets Monday, all of which included products that link back to a shopping site called Fancy.It’s possible that the button appeared as an experiment for the service – Twitter is known to experiment often – or it could also be an accidental release. […]Search Control
- Google Domain Registration Service? Watch Out GoDaddy June 25, 2014Look out, GoDaddy. Google is building a domain registration service aimed at helping small businesses develop or imprve their web presence. Google Domains is still in a beta invite-only phase, but once it officially launches, businesses will be able to find and buy the domain they desire including ones with popular suffixes like “.com,” “.org” and new ones t […]Search Control
- One Magical Word to Rule Them All April 30, 2014As many of you have experienced, Facebook’s News Feed is a very mysterious creature. Sometimes your post will show up in the feed and other times it will sit in a barren wasteland of posts in limbo. Facebook uses an algorithm called EdgeRank to manage all of the content coming through their platform and decide what is important to other users. As advanced as […]Alex Boutte
- Which Is More Effective For My Business: Facebook or Twitter? April 24, 2014The Internet is a massive, diverse platform that allows us to get exposure, whether for personal reasons or for business matters. Through social media, we can provide followers and subscribers with instant updates, fresh content, and interactivity. But the question is, which platform is best to use? Among the many different social media platforms available, […]Kelsey Avers
- Do It For the Vine! Growing Your Business Through Quick Video Sharing April 3, 2014In early 2013 Twitter launched Vine, a short-video sharing platform that allows users to create 6 second videos and share them on their Facebook and Twitter. With more than 40 million users, Vine has no doubt started to become a media powerhouse with more than 40 million users in just one year.With it’s simple design and easy functionality, it’s become a gre […]Kelsey Avers
- Don’t Forget To Blog! Why Blog Writing Is Important For Your Business March 6, 2014Despite the size of your business, blogging is pertinent to your marketing strategy. You could be a small business or multinational company, but either way you want to drive traffic to your website and create more networking outlets through your social media channels. Blogging can help improve your business in many ways.Keeps Your Customers Updated One of th […]Kelsey Avers
- Integrating Social Media and Customer Service February 28, 2014You talk about everything else on social media, so why not bring customer interaction into it as well? Customers will access your social media platforms regularly to engage with your brand, and will often expect quick response. Here are some tips for integrating customer service into your social media marketing strategies.Be Personable Talk like a human. Peo […]Kelsey Avers
- How to Effectively Use #Hashtags February 20, 2014A hashtag is a word or phrase without spaces preceded by a # sign that is used to tie social media posts or other content together and relate them to a specific and relevant topic. The hashtag sometimes functions like a tag, helping you remain visible on websites loaded with content, drawing people’s attention to the content you want them to see (i.e. #Sochi […]Kelsey Avers
- StudyRoom Lets College Students Join Online Study Groups, Book Tutors September 10, 2014