An interesting survey has just been released by Google that predicts that 1 billion people will use mobile as a primary internet access point in 2012 instead of a home computer or laptop. We all see how prevalent smart phones are in our daily lives, whether we are the ones constantly pulling them out of our pockets to search wikipedia for obscure facts or one of the people who like to always be connected via various chat programs. Whatever type of user you are, the numbers of users in these groups is still surging and expected to reach 1 billion throughout 2012. Is your business ready to handle the onslaught of mobile web viewers? More information on how to optimize your business for mobile viewing can be seen here at Search Control’s search engine marketing blog.
by Greg Sterling
Former AdMob executive Jason Spero, who is now Google’s head of mobile sales, took the stage earlier today at the Mobile World Congress event in Barcelona to offer up some new,global smartphone user survey data and 2012 predictions. The Google-sponsored survey had a sample size of roughly 1,000 respondents in each of the represented countries: US, UK, France, Germany, Spain and Japan.
The data reflect that mobile search usage has nearly 100 percent penetration among smartphone owners, most of whom search at least once a week. Though it’s not made clear in the data released I assume this is browser-based search and does not include search via mobile apps. Google’s browser-based mobile-search share is 97 percent globally, according to StatCounter.
Search Control on Twitter
- Search Control Visits NAMM 2016 January 26, 2016The NAMM show is an annual gathering in Anaheim, California where all those involved in the music business attend to showcase new products, watch musicians play, talk music advocacy/education, learn from each other in exciting seminars featuring industry leaders and of course, network in order to make it work in the “new music” business. This year […]Editor
- The Glorious Netflix “Cheat Codes” January 12, 2016How often do you find yourself spending more time searching for content on Netflix than actually watching it? Netflix may be decent at predicting what you may want to watch, but when it comes to searching for a specific category or genre of content, it can prove to be troublesome. Well did you know that […]Search Control
- Facebook Pages Can Tell You How Quickly Their Owners Respond December 8, 2015Facebook is rolling out a number of new features for Pages designed to make it easier for businesses to communicate with customers. The biggest change, or at least the one consumers will see, is an expansion on an existing feature, where businesses add a badges to their Pages declaring that they’re “very responsive to messages” […]Search Control
- Ready To Dominate the 4th Quarter? October 20, 2015Search Control would like to help you hit your goal and we are offering several unique marketing packages and free services to help build your brand and get customers in the door.Search Control
- Apple iOS9 – Changes You Should Know About September 16, 2015While iOS 9 may not differ much visually from iOS 8 or even iOS 7, the new mobile operating system has plenty of tweaks and improvements built in to make it stabler than ever. In addition to Apple’s new San Francisco font, iOS 9 boasts a new app switcher for multitasking and a smarter, more dynamic […]Search Control
- Why Google Became Alphabet, Explained In 120 Seconds August 17, 2015What are the pros and cons of Google reorganizing itself as Alphabet? Well, Larry gets to play with the future, Google can focus on more ambitious projects, and it could help the company retain top talent. But will the independent Alphabet company CEOs get frustrated relying on Larry for resources? Here’s everything you need to […]Search Control
- 5 Secrets of Generating Huge Returns from Social Media June 24, 2015Do you want to generate inbound leads for your business? Are you unsure about where and how to focus your efforts to meet your lead generation goals?If you’re looking to generate sales lead successfully, you need to go where the people are. And currently, everybody seems to be on social media. At first glance, social media […]Editor
- 5 Tips for More Effective Email Marketing June 16, 2015Email marketing is the most effective way to stay in touch with customers and create new ones. Because 91% of consumers check their email daily, that is indicative of a clear audience. Not only can you ensure that the content reaches your consumers, it is proven to drive sales. 66% of consumers have made a […]Editor
- Do You Know How These Famous Brands Got Their Start? June 4, 2015Many famous brands got their start in straightforward ways. For example, agricultural machinery giant John Deere was founded in the 1830s by an Illinois blacksmith who invented an innovative plow, and candy behemoth Mars Inc. can trace its beginnings to the early 1920s, when then-struggling candy maker Frank Mars launched the Milky Way bar, which […]Search Control
- 3 Tips to Get Google to LOVE Your Brand! May 21, 2015It is becoming more and more apparent how important Google ranking is to generating leads and growing a business. With the Internet, customers have been able to educate themselves on brands and find companies that suit their needs with ease. It is no doubt that Google is the top dog in the world of search […]Search Control
- Search Control Visits NAMM 2016 January 26, 2016