An interesting survey has just been released by Google that predicts that 1 billion people will use mobile as a primary internet access point in 2012 instead of a home computer or laptop. We all see how prevalent smart phones are in our daily lives, whether we are the ones constantly pulling them out of our pockets to search wikipedia for obscure facts or one of the people who like to always be connected via various chat programs. Whatever type of user you are, the numbers of users in these groups is still surging and expected to reach 1 billion throughout 2012. Is your business ready to handle the onslaught of mobile web viewers? More information on how to optimize your business for mobile viewing can be seen here at Search Control’s search engine marketing blog.
by Greg Sterling
Former AdMob executive Jason Spero, who is now Google’s head of mobile sales, took the stage earlier today at the Mobile World Congress event in Barcelona to offer up some new,global smartphone user survey data and 2012 predictions. The Google-sponsored survey had a sample size of roughly 1,000 respondents in each of the represented countries: US, UK, France, Germany, Spain and Japan.
The data reflect that mobile search usage has nearly 100 percent penetration among smartphone owners, most of whom search at least once a week. Though it’s not made clear in the data released I assume this is browser-based search and does not include search via mobile apps. Google’s browser-based mobile-search share is 97 percent globally, according to StatCounter.
Search Control on Twitter
- Facebook Finally Getting Serious About Search December 10, 2014Facebook is finally getting serious about search. With the launch of Keyword search , Facebook is challenging Google for finding answers and Twitter for checking real-time chatter. The new Facebook Search is still rolling out to all US English web and iOS users, the new search experience is coming to 100% of desktop and iOS users over the next few days, wit […]Search Control
- Consumer Reviews: How to Get Good Ones & What to Do with Bad Reviews December 4, 2014You know that online reviews are making and even breaking businesses these days. They are powerful. We read that “If a customer has a negative experience in the real world they are going to tell at least 5 people, if they have a negative experience and they post online, they will tell 500 people.” That is the power of the worldwide web. With Yelp and Google+ […]Editor
- The complete history of Reddit, the Internet’s front page December 3, 2014This is the story of how a bootstrapped startup with a funny name and no initial ties to the tech scene outlasted better-funded competitors, survived founder drama, endured tensions with its parent company and later navigated life as a standalone business – all in order to build the front page of the Internet. Traffic doubled year after year, even in the wor […]Search Control
- Snapchat Opens Geofilters So Anyone Can Submit Location-Based Artwork December 2, 2014Snapchat has opened up its Geofilters tool to a broader community this morning, letting anyone submit artwork that will appear as a geo-targeted filter on Snapchat photos. Geofilters debuted in July and were available to Snapchat developers only, but today Snapchat is opening up the feature to the broader community. The feature works by letting artists creat […]Search Control
- Happy Thanksgiving From Our Team To Yours November 26, 2014Thanksgiving has finally arrived and our staff is wrapping up the short week and prepping themselves for over eating and some quality family time. While most of us are swamped with work and responsibilities this time of year, it is important to take time to really appreciate all of the great things in your life and the world in general. It’s very easy to g […]Search Control
- Best Scottsdale Marketing Agency – Search Control November 25, 2014Well hello there! Are you looking to get more inquiries from your online marketing, well Search Control has a plan for you. We have been in the online marketing space for a LONG time and know what it takes to get REAL results. Maybe you need a whole website re-design or just something as simple as content creation or social media graphics. Search Control […]Search Control
- Get Great Marketing Results With Search Control! November 2, 2014Managing your online presence can be a daunting task. Search Control helps business owners take control of their online marketing efforts while also providing them with the support and implementation capabilities to get things done. Every business owner knows that there is more that they can do in order to keep their business growing. Finding the time and […]Search Control
- Web Design Services in Scottsdale October 31, 2014Finding a company that can design you a high quality website at an affordable price has become increasingly more difficult. Some companies with promise you the world for $199, only to leave you alone and in the cold with a website that barely functions and no hope for support. Other companies will quote you thousands of dollars, take months to complete and l […]Search Control
- Search Control: Scottsdale Marketing Agency October 27, 2014Search Control works with our customers to control their entire online presence. In today’s market, businesses large and small must have top placement in sites like Google, Yahoo, and Bing and a real presence on social networks like Facebook and Twitter all while maintaining a great reputation online. We can help. We know how tough it can be to manage all of […]Search Control
- How Important Is Digital Marketing? Make a Plan and EXECUTE! October 24, 2014It’s funny how we neglect our own sites even knowing that we need to keep the pipeline growing. We all know how to help our clients. We can instantly see new opportunities and break down exactly how to make the necessary changes. Yet, often times our own marketing goes untouched. There’s nothing in the sales pipeline. Maybe marketing collateral is outdated. […]Search Control
- Facebook Finally Getting Serious About Search December 10, 2014