An interesting survey has just been released by Google that predicts that 1 billion people will use mobile as a primary internet access point in 2012 instead of a home computer or laptop. We all see how prevalent smart phones are in our daily lives, whether we are the ones constantly pulling them out of our pockets to search wikipedia for obscure facts or one of the people who like to always be connected via various chat programs. Whatever type of user you are, the numbers of users in these groups is still surging and expected to reach 1 billion throughout 2012. Is your business ready to handle the onslaught of mobile web viewers? More information on how to optimize your business for mobile viewing can be seen here at Search Control’s search engine marketing blog.
by Greg Sterling
Former AdMob executive Jason Spero, who is now Google’s head of mobile sales, took the stage earlier today at the Mobile World Congress event in Barcelona to offer up some new,global smartphone user survey data and 2012 predictions. The Google-sponsored survey had a sample size of roughly 1,000 respondents in each of the represented countries: US, UK, France, Germany, Spain and Japan.
The data reflect that mobile search usage has nearly 100 percent penetration among smartphone owners, most of whom search at least once a week. Though it’s not made clear in the data released I assume this is browser-based search and does not include search via mobile apps. Google’s browser-based mobile-search share is 97 percent globally, according to StatCounter.
Search Control on Twitter
- StudyRoom Lets College Students Join Online Study Groups, Book Tutors September 10, 2014This is a really great concept utilizing technology to give students a new way to study and get tutored. What makes StudyRoom different from other e-learning platforms designed for the classroom is that it’s 100% student-led. As you may expect, not all professors are thrilled about StudyRoom, which also allows students to access the resources students from p […]Search Control
- We Can’t Believe This is A Real Product: The noPhone August 20, 2014The noPhone is built specifically to alleviate the anxiety that comes along with not having a phone, and/or work as a substitute for a phone during those moments when you should really be more attentive to what’s happening in your real life. The noPhone can come with you on a first date so that you can still maintain eye contact and pay attention without hav […]Search Control
- Are You Ready For Shopping On Twitter? July 1, 2014It looks like shopping within your Twitter Timeline isn’t far off. A new “Buy now” button appeared on multiple tweets Monday, all of which included products that link back to a shopping site called Fancy.It’s possible that the button appeared as an experiment for the service – Twitter is known to experiment often – or it could also be an accidental release. […]Search Control
- Google Domain Registration Service? Watch Out GoDaddy June 25, 2014Look out, GoDaddy. Google is building a domain registration service aimed at helping small businesses develop or imprve their web presence. Google Domains is still in a beta invite-only phase, but once it officially launches, businesses will be able to find and buy the domain they desire including ones with popular suffixes like “.com,” “.org” and new ones t […]Search Control
- One Magical Word to Rule Them All April 30, 2014As many of you have experienced, Facebook’s News Feed is a very mysterious creature. Sometimes your post will show up in the feed and other times it will sit in a barren wasteland of posts in limbo. Facebook uses an algorithm called EdgeRank to manage all of the content coming through their platform and decide what is important to other users. As advanced as […]Alex Boutte
- Which Is More Effective For My Business: Facebook or Twitter? April 24, 2014The Internet is a massive, diverse platform that allows us to get exposure, whether for personal reasons or for business matters. Through social media, we can provide followers and subscribers with instant updates, fresh content, and interactivity. But the question is, which platform is best to use? Among the many different social media platforms available, […]Kelsey Avers
- Do It For the Vine! Growing Your Business Through Quick Video Sharing April 3, 2014In early 2013 Twitter launched Vine, a short-video sharing platform that allows users to create 6 second videos and share them on their Facebook and Twitter. With more than 40 million users, Vine has no doubt started to become a media powerhouse with more than 40 million users in just one year.With it’s simple design and easy functionality, it’s become a gre […]Kelsey Avers
- Don’t Forget To Blog! Why Blog Writing Is Important For Your Business March 6, 2014Despite the size of your business, blogging is pertinent to your marketing strategy. You could be a small business or multinational company, but either way you want to drive traffic to your website and create more networking outlets through your social media channels. Blogging can help improve your business in many ways.Keeps Your Customers Updated One of th […]Kelsey Avers
- Integrating Social Media and Customer Service February 28, 2014You talk about everything else on social media, so why not bring customer interaction into it as well? Customers will access your social media platforms regularly to engage with your brand, and will often expect quick response. Here are some tips for integrating customer service into your social media marketing strategies.Be Personable Talk like a human. Peo […]Kelsey Avers
- How to Effectively Use #Hashtags February 20, 2014A hashtag is a word or phrase without spaces preceded by a # sign that is used to tie social media posts or other content together and relate them to a specific and relevant topic. The hashtag sometimes functions like a tag, helping you remain visible on websites loaded with content, drawing people’s attention to the content you want them to see (i.e. #Sochi […]Kelsey Avers
- StudyRoom Lets College Students Join Online Study Groups, Book Tutors September 10, 2014