An interesting survey has just been released by Google that predicts that 1 billion people will use mobile as a primary internet access point in 2012 instead of a home computer or laptop. We all see how prevalent smart phones are in our daily lives, whether we are the ones constantly pulling them out of our pockets to search wikipedia for obscure facts or one of the people who like to always be connected via various chat programs. Whatever type of user you are, the numbers of users in these groups is still surging and expected to reach 1 billion throughout 2012. Is your business ready to handle the onslaught of mobile web viewers? More information on how to optimize your business for mobile viewing can be seen here at Search Control’s search engine marketing blog.
by Greg Sterling
Former AdMob executive Jason Spero, who is now Google’s head of mobile sales, took the stage earlier today at the Mobile World Congress event in Barcelona to offer up some new,global smartphone user survey data and 2012 predictions. The Google-sponsored survey had a sample size of roughly 1,000 respondents in each of the represented countries: US, UK, France, Germany, Spain and Japan.
The data reflect that mobile search usage has nearly 100 percent penetration among smartphone owners, most of whom search at least once a week. Though it’s not made clear in the data released I assume this is browser-based search and does not include search via mobile apps. Google’s browser-based mobile-search share is 97 percent globally, according to StatCounter.
Search Control on Twitter
- Reddit Donating 10% of 2014 Ad Revenue To Charity February 18, 2015At Search Control, we always keep our finger on the pulse of trending topics, news and humor and Reddit is one of the first places we search each morning. About a year ago, news-sharing community Reddit announced plans to take 10 percent of its ad revenue and donate it to charity. Today it’s revealing details […]Search Control
- 5 Ways to Ruin Your Business Credibilty and How To Avoid These Misatakes February 11, 2015Are you guilty of neglecting your website and online presence? According to a web credibility study done by Stanford University, 75% of users admit to making judgments about a company’s credibility based on a website’s design. Moreover, there is mounting evidence that brands with little to no social media marketing are more likely to suffer […]Search Control
- Meet Amazon’s Busiest Employee, The Kiva Robot February 10, 2015Remember last Cyber Monday? Amazon was the center of attention, but not for its sales. It was in the news for its “drones”. Now Amazon is back, but with robots.This year’s news plays perfectly with the growing trend of smarter robots. Amazon’s warehouse robots are almost cute. Named Kiva, they’re like large Roombas, tasked with […]Search Control
- Twitter FINALLY giving SMBs The Ability To Promote Posts February 4, 2015While Twitter expands Promoted Tweets to run on other websites and apps, the social network is also trying to boost usage of them (and revenue from them) on its own platform. Today, it’s announcing a new feature aimed at small and medium businesses it’s referring to as “quick promote”, which will let SMBs select their […]Search Control
- Facebook Finally Getting Serious About Search December 10, 2014Facebook is finally getting serious about search. With the launch of Keyword search , Facebook is challenging Google for finding answers and Twitter for checking real-time chatter. The new Facebook Search is still rolling out to all US English web and iOS users, the new search experience is coming to 100% of desktop and iOS […]Search Control
- Consumer Reviews: How to Get Good Ones & What to Do with Bad Reviews December 4, 2014You know that online reviews are making and even breaking businesses these days. They are powerful. We read that “If a customer has a negative experience in the real world they are going to tell at least 5 people, if they have a negative experience and they post online, they will tell 500 people.” That […]Editor
- The complete history of Reddit, the Internet’s front page December 3, 2014This is the story of how a bootstrapped startup with a funny name and no initial ties to the tech scene outlasted better-funded competitors, survived founder drama, endured tensions with its parent company and later navigated life as a standalone business – all in order to build the front page of the Internet. Traffic doubled […]Search Control
- Snapchat Opens Geofilters So Anyone Can Submit Location-Based Artwork December 2, 2014Snapchat has opened up its Geofilters tool to a broader community this morning, letting anyone submit artwork that will appear as a geo-targeted filter on Snapchat photos. Geofilters debuted in July and were available to Snapchat developers only, but today Snapchat is opening up the feature to the broader community. The feature works by letting […]Search Control
- Happy Thanksgiving From Our Team To Yours November 26, 2014Thanksgiving has finally arrived and our staff is wrapping up the short week and prepping themselves for over eating and some quality family time. While most of us are swamped with work and responsibilities this time of year, it is important to take time to really appreciate all of the great things in your life […]Search Control
- Best Scottsdale Marketing Agency – Search Control November 25, 2014Well hello there! Are you looking to get more inquiries from your online marketing, well Search Control has a plan for you. We have been in the online marketing space for a LONG time and know what it takes to get REAL results. Maybe you need a whole website re-design or just something as simple […]Search Control
- Reddit Donating 10% of 2014 Ad Revenue To Charity February 18, 2015