An interesting survey has just been released by Google that predicts that 1 billion people will use mobile as a primary internet access point in 2012 instead of a home computer or laptop. We all see how prevalent smart phones are in our daily lives, whether we are the ones constantly pulling them out of our pockets to search wikipedia for obscure facts or one of the people who like to always be connected via various chat programs. Whatever type of user you are, the numbers of users in these groups is still surging and expected to reach 1 billion throughout 2012. Is your business ready to handle the onslaught of mobile web viewers? More information on how to optimize your business for mobile viewing can be seen here at Search Control’s search engine marketing blog.
by Greg Sterling
Former AdMob executive Jason Spero, who is now Google’s head of mobile sales, took the stage earlier today at the Mobile World Congress event in Barcelona to offer up some new,global smartphone user survey data and 2012 predictions. The Google-sponsored survey had a sample size of roughly 1,000 respondents in each of the represented countries: US, UK, France, Germany, Spain and Japan.
The data reflect that mobile search usage has nearly 100 percent penetration among smartphone owners, most of whom search at least once a week. Though it’s not made clear in the data released I assume this is browser-based search and does not include search via mobile apps. Google’s browser-based mobile-search share is 97 percent globally, according to StatCounter.
Search Control on Twitter
- 5 Secrets of Generating Huge Returns from Social Media June 24, 2015Do you want to generate inbound leads for your business? Are you unsure about where and how to focus your efforts to meet your lead generation goals?If you’re looking to generate sales lead successfully, you need to go where the people are. And currently, everybody seems to be on social media. At first glance, social media […]Editor
- 5 Tips for More Effective Email Marketing June 16, 2015Email marketing is the most effective way to stay in touch with customers and create new ones. Because 91% of consumers check their email daily, that is indicative of a clear audience. Not only can you ensure that the content reaches your consumers, it is proven to drive sales. 66% of consumers have made a […]Editor
- Do You Know How These Famous Brands Got Their Start? June 4, 2015Many famous brands got their start in straightforward ways. For example, agricultural machinery giant John Deere was founded in the 1830s by an Illinois blacksmith who invented an innovative plow, and candy behemoth Mars Inc. can trace its beginnings to the early 1920s, when then-struggling candy maker Frank Mars launched the Milky Way bar, which […]Search Control
- 3 Tips to Get Google to LOVE Your Brand! May 21, 2015It is becoming more and more apparent how important Google ranking is to generating leads and growing a business. With the Internet, customers have been able to educate themselves on brands and find companies that suit their needs with ease. It is no doubt that Google is the top dog in the world of search […]Search Control
- 5 Tips To More Effectively Market Your Law Firm May 15, 2015There’s no question that law firms know marketing can attract new leads, increase their client base, and establish their reputation as the authority in a specific niche. There are countless things to be done when managing a law office—but the need to get clients is paramount among the to-dos. We have put together 5 clear steps […]Search Control
- How one man’s stolen iPhone made him an internet celebrity in China April 30, 2015This may be the most unusual yet heartwarming story you will ever read.It starts with an American journalist having his phone stolen at a bar in New York, and ends with him becoming a celebrity in China and forming a lifelong “bromance” with the man who had his phone. Matt Stopera noticed something was wrong […]Search Control
- Is Your Website Ready for “Mobilegeddon”? April 20, 2015As of April 21st, Google, the world’s biggest online-search engine, will start implementing another major overhaul of its mobile-search algorithm. This is likely to penalize many websites, which is why some have called the change “mobilegeddon”. The latest change is not meant to discriminate against rivals, but demote sites in Google’s mobile-search results that are not […]Search Control
- Twitter and Foursquare Announce Location Tagging in Tweets March 23, 2015Twitter is bringing the ability to tag specific locations to Tweets via official apps and the web, through a partnership with Foursquare. The company tweeted about the upcoming feature today, showing a video of how it’ll work in iOS. Location based tweets could do a lot to help Twitter extend its monetization and advertising options, […]Search Control
- 5 Weird Writing Productivity Hacks That Work February 28, 2015Do you feel burned out and brain dead after a full day of writing? Heavy writing days can be exhausting. We have found some writing hacks over the years which will help stop the feeling that your brain is going to explode at the end of the day. Take a look at the great info […]Search Control
- Reddit Donating 10% of 2014 Ad Revenue To Charity February 18, 2015At Search Control, we always keep our finger on the pulse of trending topics, news and humor and Reddit is one of the first places we search each morning. About a year ago, news-sharing community Reddit announced plans to take 10 percent of its ad revenue and donate it to charity. Today it’s revealing details […]Search Control
- 5 Secrets of Generating Huge Returns from Social Media June 24, 2015